Microsoft® Skype for Business is a next-generation cloud communication solution that can improve business efficiencies, increase productivity and provide cost savings.
When you record a Skype for Business Meeting, you capture audio, video, instant messaging (IM), screen sharing, PowerPoint slides, whiteboard, and polling. Any of the presenters can record a meeting and save it on their computers.
Record Your Skype for Business Meeting
- Click More Options, then Start Recording. If the recording option is dimmed, your audio might not be connected. Click the mic/phone icon to connect audio, then try again. Note this option is only available from Skype for Business audio and the feature will be greyed out if using PSTN.
- Use the controls at the bottom of the meeting to pause, resume, or stop the recording.
- To see who else is recording, point to the red recording button on the top right corner.
- When you’re done, click Stop Recording.
- Skype for Business automatically saves the recording in MP4 format that plays in Windows Media Player. You can exit the meeting while the recording is being processed.
Play and Share Recording
When your recording has been processed, you can access it to play or send to others. Skype for Business displays a message when the recording is ready. You can click the alert to open Recording Manager or click Tools in the Skype for Business main window, then Recording Manager.
In the Recording Manager window:
- Click your recording to highlight it, and then click Play on the right side of the window.
- You can also rename or delete your recording here.
- To share your recording with others, click Browse to locate it, and then copy the file to post on a shared location, such as SkyDrive or an internal SharePoint site. If you cannot post the recording, check to make sure you have enough space on the page. Recordings are saved in the Videos/Skype for Business Recordings folder on your computer.