Comparing Cisco HCS with VoiceMaxx CE
Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution (HCS) is a group of products that allows Cisco partners to provide Cisco collaboration options to their customers in a subscription or “as a service” offering. The end result is a partnership between Cisco and various service providers – like West Unified Communications and their VoiceMaxx CE product – who can customize and enhance their product portfolio for clients, simultaneously optimizing CapEx and lowering OpEx along the way.
Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution (HCS)
The Cisco HCS consists of 4 main components that integrate with one another:
- Collaboration applications
- Optimized virtual environment
- Network architecture
- Flexible management platform
Central to the Cisco HCS is providing these collaboration options via a hosted environment. In this way, enterprises can experience the same feature-rich collaboration options, whether the application is housed on-premises, in the service provider’s data center, or a combination of the two through a hybrid solution.
The following applications can be used with Cisco HCS:
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Cisco Unity Connection
- Cisco Unified Presence
- Cisco Unified Mobility for Nokia, iPhone, and Google Android devices
- Cisco WebEx Meeting Center
- Cisco Unified Enterprise Attendant Console
For companies preferring Cisco environments or those requiring a larger-scale or international deployment, West UC (an industry leader in hosted VoIP solutions) offersVoiceMaxx CE (CE = Cisco Edition). VoiceMaxx CE incorporates and extends the capability of the Cisco HCS voice platform.
VoiceMaxx CE is designed for those that want the benefits of West UC's VoiceMaxx (and its cloud–based, on–demand services), including full PBX functionality, advanced call management tools, and unparalleled client support & service, merged with an end–to–end Cisco® Unified Communications and collaboration experience.
VoiceMaxx CE – which includes Cisco Jabber – helps drive down the costs of communications, while providing users with advanced feature packages designed to enhance accessibility, mobility, and productivity. VoiceMaxx CE integrates with various Cisco collaboration products, providing a comprehensive Unified Communications solution.
VoiceMaxx CE provides the following benefits
- Integration with a comprehensive suite of Cisco-based applications and services like: Conferencing; Messaging; and Presence, via commonly used business tools such as: Microsoft Office; Salesforce.com; and WebEx)
- Unlimited calling capacity both inbound and outbound, over a converged network solution with built-in Quality of Service (QoS) enhancements
- Improved mobility, with access to a powerful set of call management tools, as well as hoteling, personal conferencing, and mobile client integration capabilities
- Reduced costs through a Unified Communications solution hosted by West IP Communications, driving down deployment, maintenance, and upgrade costs
- Complete customization for every corporate user, in every role, and in any location
- Sophisticated call routing and management
- 24 x7 expert support from Cisco-certified engineers housed at a state-of-the-art Network Operations Center (NOC)
Other advantages to implementing Cisco HCS with a partnered service provider solution involve utilizing Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)-based architecture integrated with the service provider’s infrastructure, in order to support enhanced collaboration services across the customer’s WAN. This architecture consists of a session border controller merged with the routing infrastructure, which includes an optional centralized call-control element. The equipment enables routing between customers and outside networking with the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN), other SIP networks, and third-party Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) clouds.
Furthermore, since the Cisco HCS products are interwoven throughout their service partners’ infrastructure, service providers like West UC can offer Service Level Agreements (SLAs) tailored to meet their customer’s specific requirements. Additionally, VoiceMaxx CE includes Cisco HCS but extends the value beyond the HCS license by incorporating solutions and services available exclusively from West.
All in all, Cisco HCS is a rich suite of hosted collaboration solutions. But, offered as a part of West UC's VoiceMaxx CE, you get a truly enhanced product offering…call it Cisco HCS on steroids!