Analysts Encourage IT Professionals to Modernize for Success
Professional services firms are ahead of the curve when it comes to embracing advances in IT. Because success for these companies is so dependent upon providing excellent customer service, it makes sense that IT professionals are focused on enabling exceedingly positive customer interactions.
Modernizing business communication and collaboration solutions are a key component to ensuring successful customer interactions. As noted by Deloitte in its “Business Services Outlook” report, companies that provide professional services should focus on the following initiatives to succeed in today’s competitive marketplace:
- Evolving business models through collaboration for delivery of complex services
- Cost management to deal with pressures on providers from rising costs and tighter margins
- Using software-enabled services to tackle the skills gap and boost worker productivity
IT Budgets Reflect Growth and Commitment to Cloud Technology
Cloud-based communication and collaboration solutions are an ideal way to address these issues. As professional services firms have felt the ongoing bite of constrained IT budgets, the pressure to reduce capital expenditures (capex) has opened the door for cloud services which boast a more flexible operating expense (opex) model.
Investments in On-premises Telephony are Down, Cloud Models are on the Rise
If you are thinking about migrating to the cloud, you’re not alone. Industry analysts cite cloud service models as a key reason for the downturn in the on-premises enterprise telephony market (i.e. having a PBX located onsite). Dell’Oro Group predicts that market will decrease by about 20% in the next few years as companies begin to move purchases to recurring expense models afforded by the cloud. And as more companies turn to the cloud to achieve their collaboration goals, the enterprise voice and UC market has a seen a huge rise in the deployment of hosted IP PBX and unified communications services. According to Infonetics, the number of cloud PBX and UC users grew 29% in the first half of 2015 when compared to the previous year.
Fill out the form below to learn:
- The top six benefits of cloud communications
- Why hosted collaboration applications deliver a superior customer experience
- How to change your IT department from a cost center to revenue center
- Five real-world case studies on why and how the top consulting, staffing and legal firms are moving to unified communications as a service