Coded in responsive HTML5, In Room Mode complements the Webcast Pro experience for in-person attendees to events that have both online and in-person components (hybrid events). Now your in-person attendees can enjoy the same level of participation your virtual audience does, via their mobile device with no app or plug-in required.
Empower every attendee with all the interactive features traditionally available only to online attendees. Now in-person attendees can ask questions, answer polls, and view and save content. Attendees simply type any questions into the Q&A panel—there’s no need to bring over the microphone. When you use In Room Mode, everyone has a front-row seat to view presentations.
When enabled, In Room Mode supports two URL parameters that dictate the viewing mode of the webcast player upon login. If no parameter is added to the Event URL, from the time the doors open until the live broadcast ends, attendees will land on a viewing mode selection page that will ask them to choose which mode to view the webcast in.
ENABLING IN ROOM MODE
All scheduled Webcast Pro events have In Room Mode available as an option. Activating it is easily done per webcast by enabling the In Room Mode checkbox on the General tab of the Webcast Event Settings.
Once In Room Mode is enabled, you will also have the option to enable or disable slides from being displayed in In Room Mode. Enabling the Show slides checkbox will present slides as they are displayed and transitioned by webcast presenters to In Room Mode attendees during the live broadcast.
If Enhanced Q&A is enabled and the Show slides checkbox is disable, upon logging in to the live broadcast attendees will land on the Enhanced Q&A view of the webcast within In Room Mode. If Enhanced Q&A is disabled, attendees will land on the Event Info.
ADDITIONAL DIRECT LINKS
If In Room Mode is enabled, two new links will be added in the Webcast Event Links popup window.
IN ROOM MODE DIRECT URL
If used, upon login the attendee will enter the webcast directly within In Room Mode. The viewing mode selection page will be bypassed.
FULL WEBCAST DIRECT URL
If used, upon login the attendee will not enter the webcast directly in In Room Mode, but instead will enter the Full Webcast Mode. The viewing mode selection page will be bypassed. Full Webcast Mode is the default standard webcast player for Webcast Pro.
VIEWING MODE SELECTION PAGE
If attendees do not use the In Room Mode Direct URL, Full Webcast Direct URL or Vanity URL with either of the parameters when logging in to a scheduled webcast with In Room Mode enabled, they will land on a viewing mode selection page, where they will have to choose to either enter the webcast in In Room Mode or Full Webcast Mode.
Any mobile devices using a web browser capable of rending HTML5 is able to fully enjoy all the benefits of In Room Mode.
While primarity intended for mobile use at in-person events, In Room Mode is also conveniently available within the browser for desktop and laptop users.
KEY FEATURES FOR ATTENDEES
In Room Mode supports many useful features to make engaging with in-person audiences easy and convenient. If enabled or included in the webcast, the features below will be available.
- Q&A: The ability for In Room Mode attendees to send text-based questions to webcast presenters; if enabled.
- Enhanced Q&A Roll: The ability for In Room Mode attendees to view and send text-based questions that are moderated by webcast presenters; if enabled.
- Forum: Subject-based forum for attendees to initiate and participate in text discussions.
- Files: All files uploaded as Downloadable Assets for the webcast will be available for download within In Room Mode. External URLs uploaded as files will link out to the designated URLs in a new browser tab.
- Speaker Bios: List of all speakers names, titles, images and bios.
- Event Info: Displays webcast details, the event image, pre/post event text, pre/post event images and summary, is applicable.
- Support: Access to platform support in case of technical issues.
- Sponsor Images: Displays up to two linkable sponsor images.
- Polls and Poll Results: Webcast presenters can push polls to engage the audience in feedback & push results of said polls.
- Link Pushes: Webcast presenters can push external URLs to In Room Mode attendees to open in separate browser windows.
- No audio or video streams of any kind are supported in In Room Mode.
- While optimized for both landscape and portrait orientations, it is recommended attendees viewing the live broadcast within In Room Mode view content in landscape for maximum slide exposure.
- In Room Mode is specifically tailored for live broadcasts . On demand playback of any kind is not supported. If an attendees uses an In Room Mode Direct URL to access the webcast before the live broadcast, the attendee will simply land on Event Info listing the pre/post-event status, pre/post-event text, event info and pre/post-event image (if available). If an attendee attempts to access the webcast via the In Room Mode Direct URL after the live broadcast ends, they will.
- In Room Mode does support pre/post webcast text and pre/post webcast images.
- In Room Mode does not support Twitter and Yammer integrations.
- If an attendees desktop or mobile browser does not support HTML5, the viewing mode selection page will display a message in red text altering the attendee of the incompatibility. The “Enter In Room Mode” button will also be disabled.
- Webcast Details: A new “In Room Users” column has been added that will list the number of users who attended the webcast within In Room Mode.
- Reg & Visitor Activity (Export): A new “Used In Room” column has been added. Values of “Yes” will appear for all users who attended the webcast at least once within In Room Mode. The cell will be empty if not.
- Webcast Universal Audience Drill Report: A new “Used In Room” column has been added. Values of “Yes” will appear for all users who attended the webcast at least once within In Room Mode. The cell will be empty if not.